Player Housing Program
The RoughRiders Housing Program has helped 16 to 20-year-old athletes from all over the United States, Canada and other countries find homes in Cedar Rapids and surrounding communities. They relocate to Cedar Rapids to reach their goal of obtaining a Division I college hockey scholarship.
The USHL experience, though, begins in the home of the housing families:
"The RoughRiders Housing Program is a great experience for the family and the player. The program is also a vital part of the team's success."
Housing Family Requirements
- Desire to support the Roughrider's Program
- Live within a reasonable distance from the Cedar Rapids Ice Arena
- Demonstrate well-balanced, family-oriented lifestyle
- Provide physically comfortable and mentally supportive and nurturing environment for our hockey players.
Housing Family Benefits
- A monthly housing stipend to help offset costs
- Two free season tickets and two additional tickets for household members at 50% off
- Merchandise discount
- A great opportunity to build a life-long relationship and help a young person realize their dreams
If you are interested in possibly housing a RoughRider, please contact Janelle Banowetz at 319-533-5345 or by e-mail at email@example.com.