Bryce Aneloski signs with the Allen Americans
Allen, TX - March 26, 2013
The CHL Allen Americans have signed their second amateur, Bryce Aneloski who was playing for the University of Nebraska - Omaha (UNO). Bryce is a 6' 2" 207 pound defenseman who hails from Pekin, Illinois.
- Bryce was drafted in the 7th Round of the 2010 NHL draft by the Ottawa Senators. Here is how he described himself at the time: Well, I think I'm a good puck-moving defenseman. I think I can make a good outlet pass. I think I can play good stick-on-stick in the d-zone and stuff like that. I'd say the biggest strength that's come this year has been my play in the offensive zone, just making a little bit more stickhandles, like the feel of the puck and stuff like that, and I think my shot, too, just by working at it this summer.
- Bryce played junior hockey for the Cedar Rapids Rough Riders (USHL) from 2007-2010, the same team former Americans defenseman David Strathman played for. Bryce was in Cedar Rapids after David had left.
- One of Bryce's teammates in Cedar Rapids (2007-2009) was Dean Chelios son of NHL great Chris Chelios.
- One of his teammates at UNO was Americans minority owner Ed Belfour's son, Dayn Belfour.
- Bryce just finished his college career at University of Nebraska-Omaha (UNO). Last week his team lost to Minnesota State Mankato for a chance to go to the WCHA Final Five. Here is the info from the UNO media guide: